I strive daily to be the best coach possible each and every day. Remembering my own personal goals, core values, my vision, and mission, to our community and scholar-athletes, will keep me focused and motivated throughout my career.
Goals and core values tell a snap shot of my life story, and why I am dedicated to my craft. I believe each athlete and coach that is a part of the program should have their goals outlined and made visible for everyone. When your season starts to get rough (because it will), when your trying to figure out ways to stay positive and get through your season, taking a look at your core values and goals should be able to assist you.
• Lead by example.
• Be on time for my craft and consistent in my professionalism.
• Do not make excuses for myself or for my players.
• Be prepared and have a plan every day.
• Make sure my staff and team are ready and prepared for every game, every practice, every meeting, every off-season.
• Reflect daily.
• Find ways to improve, learn, and develop each day, each season.
• Stay authentic through my approach. Show enthusiasm, passion, and fire. Find new ways to keep my scholar-athletes motivated, engaged, but also CONSISTENT.
●Accountability ●Responsibility ●Focus/ Discipline ●Organization/Being Prepared ●Academic Excellence ●Respect/Integrity ●Positive Attitude ●Effort ●Honesty/Trust ●Leadership ●Service to Community
To empower our young men through their individual lives with academics & basketball while strengthening their insight on character, integrity, respect, and responsibilities. Teaching fundamentals, skills, and knowledge necessary to become better basketball players and individuals in life.
Develop into better individuals in society every second, every minute, of every hour of life through the game of basketball.
Three simple rules in life:
1. If you do not go after what you want, you’ll never have it.
2. If you do not ask, the answer will always be no.
3. If you do not step forward, you will always be in the same place.